Since we are pretty sure that there will not be any more frosts, we decided to go ahead and put all of our plants in the garden beds. I used the Gardner's Supply Company's garden planning tool to lay-out the garden ahead of time. I wish I could figure out how to post my diagram. Each 6x2 bed contains 12 square foot plots. In the first bed, we have 2 peas (planted a few weeks ago and growing well!), 2 cucumbers, a pole bean and a bush bean on one end, and 6 tomatoes on the other end. The second bed contains two more tomatoes and 4 peppers on one end, and a mix of herbs -- basil (2), cilantro (2), dill, green onion -- on the other end. All of the herbs, as well as the beans and cucumbers, we planted from seed. We obtained the tomato and pepper plants from a local nursery. This is all a big experiment for us, so we are excited to see the results. Crossing my fingers that everything grows :-)
On another note, I need to post about my ongoing craft projects. I just started knitting a shawl this morning, and I'm still working on my sweater. I also have started sewing an easy skirt, but I need to swing by Mama K's to get additional instructions.